Why study trumpet with Chris Foster?
- Has a Doctor of Musical Arts in Trumpet degree from the University of North Texas. UNT has one of the best colleges of music in the country and the largest trumpet studio
- Over 25 years of experience as a private trumpet teacher in Nevada, Texas, and New York
- Is in demand as an adjudicator and brass clinician
- Experience teaching students of all ages, from grade school through senior citizens
- Teaches classical, contemporary, and jazz styles
- Lessons are tailored to meet interests and needs of each student
- Lesson studio is located at 5 East Rd., Middlebury, VT. (Possible future locations in Burlington and Rutland)
- AFFORDABLE! Weekly lessons are available in 30, 45, and 60 minutes
Contact via phone or email to schedule times and locations.
Payments are made at the first lesson of every month. Invoices will be sent out in advance.
Beginners (0-2 years experience)
Lessons are focused on developing a good sound through proper listening and breathing. Good habits are established, especially with regards to posture, hand position, horn position, embouchure, and breathing. Students will develop technique, music reading, scales, counting, and basic musicianship. Lesson materials will be provided and will incorporate student’s school music and books.
Intermediate / Advanced
Students will build upon and continue to develop fundamentals, especially with regard to sound/tone and musicianship. In addition to materials and exercises provided by myself, students will be expected to purchase method and etude books. Students may bring in material from school. Students will be encouraged to audition for honor groups, such as district bands and orchestras, all-state bands, and other New England honor bands and orchestras.